|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Thandar Win Maung Gender and Women’s Economic Empowerment Technical Officer (Care Myanmar) ABSTRACT This study emphasized the estimation of the food security status and coping strategies employed to cope with food insecurity and better understanding of major determinants of per capita f..
- July Soe Senior project officer at CARE International Introduction Increased productivity and profitability of farming is an important pathway to reduce poverty in the rural areas of Myanmar. After land, water and human resources, fertilizer is undoubtedly one of the agricultural inputs to in..
- Thanda Kyi and Zar Ni Hlaing Director and Researcher Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation ABSTRACT This study attempted to explore the marketing and distribution situation in the supply chain of rice seed in lower Myanmar. The survey was conducted ..
- Thanda Kyi Director, Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation General indicators for household vulnerability in rural area of selected dry zone Myanmar is the 58th most vulnerable country and the 2nd least ready country. The high vulnerability score and low ..
- Thanda Kyi Director of Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation Climate change and its impact Agricultural production still largely depends on weather conditions especially the availability of rainfall. Also, usage of physical inputs such as improved seeds, ..
- Thanda Kyi and War War Kyaw Director and Researcher Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation ABSTRACT This study was carried out to understand the maize value chain in Tatkon Township where this study was conducted with the analyses of the produ..
- Thanda Kyi Director, Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation INTRODUCTION As agriculture plays a crucial role in the economy of Myanmar, sustainable agriculture is a prerequisite for achieving sustainable development objective..
- Overview of Irrigation Development and Government Policy in Myanmar (1801) 2016-03-03 (334)
- Amy Soe and Thanda Kyi Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation Myanmar Dr. Amy Soe is the Program Officer and Dr. Thanda Kyi is the Myanmarese Point Person to the FFTC Project on Asia-Pacific Information Platform in Agricultural P..
- Dr. Mar Mar Kyu Dept. of Agronomy, Yezin Agricultural University, Myanmar (email@example.com) ABSTRACT Myanmar is an agriculture country and its economy is based on agriculture. Agriculture sector contributes 23 % of GDP; 20 % of total export earnings..