|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Agricultural Competiveness Enhancement Program in Japan (669) 2017-01-03 (77)
- Takumi Sakuyama Associate Professor of Food Trade Policy, Meiji University Explanatory Note for Translation The following is the translation of “Agricultural Competitiveness Enhancement Program”, determined at the Vitality Creation Headquarters of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries ..
- Kunio Nishikawa College of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Japan INTRODUCTION Rice has occupied the position of national food for a long time in Japan, and the Japanese has taken the large part of their carbohydrates from it. Rice has been utilized for human consumption, a..
- Kunio Nishikawa College of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Japan INTRODUCTION It is important for stabilizing rice farmer’s management to maintain the order of markets and to expand stable dealings between farmer’s organizations which engage in shipping rice and distribut..
- TPP and Agricultural Reform under the Abe Administration (1479) 2015-06-25 (304)
- Dr. Masayoshi Honma Dept. of Agricultural and Resource Economics The University of Tokyo, Japnan Last September 15 and 16 Japanese Professor Masayoshi Honma, a world famous agricultural economist, delivered his lecture on the “Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Under the Abe Admini..
- Japanese Agricultural Policy Reform after FT 2014 (Part 3) (1282) 2015-04-28 (306)
- Yoshiaki Iiguni Multidisciplinary Cluster, Kuroshio Science, Kochi University Introduction This is the English translation of the second half of a pamphlet entitled “New Policy for Agriculture and Rural Areas is beginning!! : 4 reforms ” issued by the government..
- Mitsuaki Shindo, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Regional Policy Planning Division 2. Japan-Australia EPA negotiations The EPA negotiations with Australia, which started in 2007, was perceived to have a huge impact on Japan’s agriculture. Th..
- Mitsuaki Shindo, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Regional Policy Planning Division Keywords: Japan, agriculture, trade negotiations, WTO, FTA, EPA, TPP, tariff, levy, domestic support, sensitive products, rice, wheat, barley, beef, pork, dairy, sugar,..
- Dr. Takumi Sakuyama Associate Professor, Meiji University Explanatory Note for Translation The Vitality Creation Headquarters of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Regions was established on 21st May 2013, with the participation of the Prime Minister as chairman, the Chie..
- Kunio Nishikawa College of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Japan INTRODUCTION We translated a pamphlet, “New Policy for Agriculture and Rural Areas is beginning!!”, Previously, we translated pages 1-5. This time, we have translated pages 6-11. ..
- Frame and Emerging Reform of Agricultural Policy in Japan (5726) 2014-07-02 (345) (617)
- Akihiko Hirasawa Norinchukin Research Institute co., ltd 1-1-12, Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 101-0047 Japan e-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT Agricultural land reform in the aftermath of WWII generated agricultural structure of Japan with vast nu..
- Japanese Agricultural Policy Reforms after FY 2014 (Part 1) (7540) 2014-05-05 (369)
- Kunio Nishikawa College of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Japan INTRODUCTION In December 2012, the Liberal Democratic Party won the 46th Japanese general election and President Shinzo Abe became the Prime Minister again. The second Abe Shinzo cabinet had been reviewing ex..
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan 1. Definition of a farm household A farm household is a typical unit of farming in Japan. The Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) defines a farm househ..