|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
Agricultural Insurance Extension Program: Mango, Rice, and Tilapia Included by Council of Agriculture (1581) 2016-02-26
- Min-Hsien Yang, Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan I Han, Assistant Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan Recently the extreme winter season caused a sever cold front and made very serious agricultural losses in Taiwan. Scholars asked the government to protect agricultural producti..
The Launch of Taiwan's First Crop Disaster Insurance Policy (1303) 2015-11-30
- Min-Hsien Yang, Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan I Han, Assistant Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan Source: Council of Agriculture The first crop natural insurance policy has just been recently launched after years of efforts by Taiwan’s Council of Agricu..
The New Era of Crop Natural Disaster Insurance: The Pilot of Top-grafting Sand Pears (1417) 2015-09-30
- Min-Hsien Yang, Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan I Han, Assistant Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan Source: Council of Agriculture http://www.coa.gov.tw/show_news.php?cat=show_news&serial=coa_diamond_20150923185537 The Council of Agriculture (COA) has s..
- Policy Content and the Status of China’s Policy-oriented Agricultural Insurance (1224) 2015-09-23 (191)
- Zhen Zhong Assistant Professor School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China Introduction For decades, China's policy-oriented agricultural insurance (POAI) experienced a tortuous course of development. After 2004, the central..
An Active Promotion of Crop Natural Disaster Insurance by Council of Agriculture for Shifting Farmers’ Operation Risks (1770) 2015-09-01
- Min-Hsien Yang, Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan I Han, Assistant Professor, Feng Chia University, Taiwan Source: Council of Agriculture http://www.coa.gov.tw/show_news.php?cat=show_news&serial=coa_diamond_20150811171409 Taiwan’s Council of A..
- Republic Act 10121: An Approach in Strengthening Disaster Risk Reduction and Management in the Philippines (14645) 2015-04-01 (262)
- Republic Act 10121: An Approach in Strengthening Disaster Risk Reduction and Management in the Philippines Princess Alma B. Ani, Carl Rookie O. Daquio, and Albert P. Aquino Introduction The Philippines as an archipelago is highly exposed to natural haz..
- Multiple Responses to Stopping Irrigation on Farmland in 2015 in Taiwan (1483) 2015-02-03 (230)
- Min-Hsien Yang1 and I Han2 1Professor 2Assistant Professor Dept. of International Trade Feng Chia University No. 100, Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung 40724 Taiwan, ROC Because of the rainfall shortage during the second half year of 2014, the major water ..
- China is Deepening its Rural Financial Reform (1318) 2014-11-13 (279)
- Zhen Zhong Assistant Professor School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China Background and main content of policy The CPC Central Committee’s Document No.1 in 2012 asked to provide more policy support to the rural financial..
- Agricultural Insurance Policies in Vietnam (3200) 2014-07-25 (289)
- Dr. Tran Cong Thang Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development, Vietnam Introduction Agriculture always has an important role in the economy of the country. Implementing the Central Resolution 7 on agriculture, farmers and those living in the..
- Agricultural Disaster Compensation System in Japan (Part 2) (1555) 2014-06-09 (244)
- Fumihiro Kabuta, Ph.D. Policy Research Coordinator, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan (Continued from Part 1 uploaded on April 18, 2014) 7. Mechanism of the compensation (mutual aid insurance money) Agricultural mutual..
- Agricultural Disaster Compensation System in Japan (Part 1) (1766) 2014-04-18 (270)
- Fumihiro Kabuta, Ph.D. Policy Research Coordinator, Policy Research Institute Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan INTRODUCTION Agricultural Disaster Compensation System shall be a public insurance system that has been implemented as the Government ..
Korea Proposed Amendments to their “Agricultural Commodities/Crops Disaster Insurance” Coverage on May 2nd, 2013 (2712) 2013-12-16
- Chan Ik Chun, Ph. D. Agricultural Economist, Food and Fertilizer Technology Center The Korean authorities in a desire to ameliorate the disaster losses of affected Korean farm households, have deployed assiduous assistance and disaster relief efforts, to help the farming sector..
- A Brief Review of the Crop Insurance Program in Korea (1671) 2013-11-29 (292)
- Dohan Song, Ph.D. Director of Financial Research Unit NongHyup Economic Research Institute Seoul, Korea About the Crop Insurance Program In Korea, the Crop Insurance Program (here after, CIP) was first introduced in 2001 in an attempt to compensate farmers from possible catast..
Crop Insurance Program in Korea (5327) 2013-11-28
- Yutsai Huang, Ph.D. Director, Food and Fertilizer Technology Center As a result of climate change, rainfall patterns shift or extreme events such as drought and floods become more frequent. Crop insurance is therefore a key in assisting farmers lessen the negative financial imp..
Horticulture Facility Insurance Plan (3440) 2013-11-14
- Dr. Jeongbin Im Professor Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development College of Agricultural and Life Science Seoul National University Seoul, Korea E-mail: email@example.com The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA) ..