|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Broiler Industry in Malaysia (5528) 2015-11-09 (198)
- Mohd Syauqi N., Mohd Zaffrie M.A., and Hasnul H.I. Economic and Social Science Research Centre MARDI Headquarters Persiaran MARDI-UPM 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia Email : email@example.com Introduction Broiler meat is a primary protein source for the majority of Mal..
Farmers Remain Unpaid by BAAC (3462) 2014-01-16
- Ronald G. Mangubat Information Officer of FFTC The Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives or BAAC in Thailand reportedly has 55 billion baht in liquid assets but its board still refuses to advance money to unpaid farmers who pledged paddy for the current main crop. ..
Thailand’s Rice Pledging Schemes in Trouble (3182) 2013-12-24
- Ronald G. Mangubat Information officer of FFTC As peoples of the world remain at the edge of their seats waiting for developments to unfold in the continuing political crisis in Thailand, the liquidity-crunched rice-pledging scheme in this country seem to be headed at a c..
- Major Shift of Japanese Rice Policy (1327) 2013-11-27 (248)
- Chan-Ik Chun Agricultural Economist of FFTC The Japanese government said on November 26 it will terminate the decades-old “gentan (減反)” rice production adjustment system (rice production quota system) as early as fiscal 2018. Japan has begun the policy since 197..
Estimated Korean Rice Production in 2013 (2583) 2013-11-14
- Dr. Jeongbin Im Professor Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development College of Agricultural and Life Science Seoul National University Seoul, Korea E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs (MAFRA) annou..