|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
Home>FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles>Trade liberalization countermeasures>Articles/ Related published articles
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- The Potential Impacts of Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) on Indonesian Agriculture (497) 2016-09-07 (84)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Ministry of Agriculture Introduction The TPP is one of the largest trading blocks representing roughly 40% of the world economy (combined GDP of US$ 28.1 trillion), and ..
- The Impact of TPP/RCEP Accession on Taiwanese Agricultural Industry (899) 2016-09-06 (90)
- Yang, Min-Hsien, Ph.D. Feng Chia University, Taiwan Importance of TPP on economic development It is a current strategy to reduce trade barriers and deepen the supply chain between countries by signing FTA/ ECA because the WTO Doha Agreement is still under-developed. There have been 381 valid ..
- Potential Benefits of TPPA On Malaysia's Agrofood Sector (537) 2016-09-01 (77)
- Rozhan Abu Dardak Economic and Social Science Research Centre, MARDI, Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 SERDANG, Malaysia Correspondent author: email@example.com INTRODUCTION Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) is a comprehensive trade agreement among 12 counties in the Asia Pacific r..
- Non-tariff Barriers of TPP Nations for Exports of Korea Strawberries (424) 2016-08-26 (71)
- Dr. Byoung-Hoon LEE Assistant Professor Department of Agricultural Resource Economics College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Kangwan National University KNU Ave 1, Chuncheon-si, 200-701 Korea INTRODUCTION Beginning with the FTA with Chile in 2002, Korea has signed 14 FTAs with 53 coun..
- A New Agreement for Japan’s Pork “Safeguard” in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Negotiations (693) 2016-06-01 (97)
- Dr. Yoshihisa Godo and Hiroshi Takahashi Department of Economics Meiji Gakuin University 1-2-37 Shirokane-dai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8636 Japan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org  We would like to thank Mr. Akira Shiratake for English language edit..
- Impacts of TPP on Vietnam’s Domestic Agriculture and its Commensurate Adjustment Policies (1997) 2016-05-23 (114)
- Tran Cong Thang and Dang Kim Khoi Vice Director General Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development No.16, Thuy Khue Street, Hanoi Vietnam  Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development (I..
- Japan's Pork Imports: New Agreement in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Free Trade Negotiations (1182) 2016-03-01 (140)
- Yoshihisa Godo and Hiroshi Takahashi   We would like to thank Mr. Akira Shiratake for English language editing. Introduction On October 5, 2015, the 12 countries participating in the on-going Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations r..
An Impact of Korea's TPP Participation on Its Agricultural Sector (1998) 2015-10-12
- Byoung-Hoon Lee Assistance Professor, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics The Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea Email: email@example.com Jeong-Bin Im (Corresponding Author) Professor Department of Agricultural Economics and Ru..
- The Taiwanese Price Support Program under the Doha Development Agenda in WTO (1276) 2015-03-27 (248)
- Min-Hsien Yang, Professor, Department of International Trade, Feng Chia University, Taiwan Abstract Rice is the staple food and a major crop in Taiwan. Governments have historically emphasized rice self-sufficiency through market price support programs and import restri..
- Impacts of Korea-China FTA on the Korean Agriculture (2291) 2014-11-17 (290)
- Dr. Jeongbin Im Professor Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development College of Agricultural and Life Science Seoul National University Seoul, Korea E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org On November 10, 2014, Korea and China have reached consensus on a ..
- The Strategy for Expanding Export of Agricultural Products and Foods (1785) 2014-10-01 (270)
- Kunio Nishikawa College of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Japan INTRODUCTION The Japanese government promotes to expand export of agricultural products and foods as a way of enhancing international competitiveness of Japanese agriculture and the strategy of national econo..
- A Subsidy Program for Breeders of Beef Calves in Japan (1747) 2014-08-21 (278)
- Yoshihisa Godo, Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan There are nearly 60,000 breeders of beef cattle in Japan1. They play an essential role in the meat industry and create important job opportunities in rural areas. Most cattle breeders are small-sized family f..
- The Impacts of AFTA to the Main Food Crops Sector in Indonesia (3796) 2013-11-04 (308)
- Saktyanu Kristyantoadi Dermoredjo 1, Tahlim Sudaryanto 2, and Masyhuri3 1 Researcher in Indonesian Center for Agricultural Socio-Economic and Policy Studies (ICASEPS), Indonesian Agency for Agricultural Research and Development, Ministry of Agriculture, Indonesia e-mail : saktyanuadi@..
- The Current Status and Future Perspective sof Agricultural Trade in Thailand under ASEAN Free Trade (3909) 2013-10-31 (299)
- Kampanat Pensupar1*, Itthipong Mahathanaseth2, Panan Nurancha 3 1 Center for Applied Economic Research, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand 10900; E-mail address: email@example.com 2 Department of Agricultural Economics and Resources, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsa..
- Current Status and Future Perspectives of Agricultural Trade: The Case of Malaysia (5500) 2013-10-31 (290)
- Nik Rozana Nik Mohd Masdek*, Tengku Mohd Ariff Tengku Ahmad* and Abu Kasim Ali* *Economic and Technology Management Research Centre, MARDI Headquarters, Malaysia e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT This paper evaluated the prospects of further agricultural trade liber..
- Vietnam Agricultural Value Chain in the FTA of Asian Region (6672) 2013-10-31 (279)
- Dao The Anh Nguyen Van Son Abstract There are many studies about the effects of FTA on Vietnam economy. However, the research on FTAs regarding its relationship with agriculture is limited. This study examines the relationship between FTAs in Asian region and the agricultural va..
- Trade Liberalization and Rice Farming in Japan and Heilongjiang China (3992) 2013-10-28 (263)
- Toshiyuki Kako Kibi International University e-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT Japan has been pushing forward trade liberalization, and the country’s average tariff rate is at 4.9%, which is low by international standard. Agricultural imports increased rapidly wi..
- Food Security and Regional Free Trade Agreement in Taiwan (4039) 2013-10-25 (278)
- Ching-Cheng Chang Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica Department of Agricultural Economics, National Taiwan University Email: Emily@econ.sinica.edu.tw ABSTRACT The report focuses on the current state of food security in Taiwan, main indicators and key chal..
- Threats and Opportunities of Agricultural Trade Liberalization for East Asian Countries (1800) 2013-10-25 (253)
- Rhung-Jieh Woo Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, National Taiwan University Abstract Trade liberalization is an irreversible trend keep influencing the domestic and international agricultural sectors. However, agricultural trade liberalization not ..
- ASEAN FTA: Is It Creating Agricultural Trades? (5636) 2013-10-23 (274)
- Song Soo Lim firstname.lastname@example.org Dept. of Food and Resource Economics, Korea University, Seoul, Korea Abstract ASEAN member countries have an abundant resource including land and mineral deposits. As the region has embraced globalization and market openness, it is reali..
- The Effects of FTAs and Compensation Measures in Korean Agriculture (2499) 2013-10-23 (268)
- Joo-Ho Song and Han-Phil Moon Korea Rural Economic Institute(KREI), Hoigi, Seoul, South Korea e-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT During the past 10 years since the signing of an FTA with Chile in 2002, Korea has signed 10 FTAs with 47 countries. As of July 2012, negotia..
- Agricultural Imports, Trade Liberalization and Farm Income Supports in Japan (3906) 2013-10-22 (276)
- Akihiko Hirasawa Norinchukin Research Institute co., ltd 1-1-12, Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 101-0047 Japan e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Land resource endowment, which is similar among monsoon Asian countries, and income levels are the main causes of u..
- The ASEAN Economic Community 2015 and Regional Trade: Some Prospects for Agriculture (12069) 2013-10-22 (279)
- Richard B. Daite Department of Economics University of the Philippines Los Baños email: email@example.com ABSTRACT The establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community 2015 is seen as a bold effort to promote regional cooperation among the ASEAN member states. I..