|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
Home>FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles>Agricultural cooperatives and farmers' organizations>Articles/ Related published articles
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Introduction Japanese agricultural cooperatives serve important functions in the rural community. In addition to agricultural services, they provide several services required in daily life, such as banking and arrange..
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Introduction The Japanese government provides various forms of legal support for agricultural cooperatives. One of the most substantial considerations is the special treatment in the anti-monopoly policy, whereby agricultural co..
- Kwon, Sung-Ku Professor Dept. of Food Industrial Management Dongguk University Seoul, Korea firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT The environment which surrounds agricultural marketing such as various emerging hypermarkets and accelerating free trade have changed rapidly. Korean..
- Dong Hwan Kim Professor Department of International Trade and Marketing Anyang University Anyang City, Korea email@example.com CONTENTS I. Introduction II. Agricultural Marketing System and Situation of Cooperative’s ..
- Chun-Kwon Yoo Agricultural Economy and Trade Research Team Future Strategy Department National Agricultural Cooperative Fedefration, Seoul, Korea E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Agricultural cooperatives’ marketing business, especially on a pool basis..
- Kurnia Suci Indraningsih Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Jl. A. Yani 70 Bogor-16161, West Java, Indonesia Email: email@example.com ABSTRACT The goal of Indonesian agricultural development is to increase the welfare of farmers a..
- Syahrin Suhaimee, Noorlidawati Ab Halim, Mohd Hafizudin Zakaria, Mohd Syauqi Nazmi, Rawaida Rusli and Rozhan Abu Dardak Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Serdang, Malaysia e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT This paper a..
- Borworn Tanrattanaphong Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart Uinversity Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand E-mail address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT The cooperative movement has played a major..
- Changing Economic Performance of Japan’s Agricultural Cooperatives (1271) 2015-10-08 (242) (363)
- Dr. Yoshihisa Godo* Meiji Gakuin University, Japan E-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT Japan has a unique system of agricultural cooperatives, known as JA. This study presents the updated estimates of JA’s share in the agricultural input and outp..
- Rozhan Abu Dardak Economics and Social Science Research Centre, The Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43300 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Agriculture is one of importance sectors in ev..
- Nguyen Thi Tan Loc and Ngo Thu Hang Fruit and Vegetable Research Institute, Vietnam Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Currently, there are 18,638 existing cooperatives in Vietnam. Of these, 10,204 cooperatives are into agriculture and fishery. The e..
- Zenaida M. Sumalde and Karen P. Quilloy Institute of Cooperatives and Bio-Enterprise Development College of Economics and Management, University of the Philippines Los Baños College, Laguna, Philippines 4031 e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ..
- Su, Mao-Hsiang Agriculture and Food Agency Council of Agriculture Executive Yuan Chief Secretary,Nantou,Taiwan,R.O.C. E-mail：email@example.com ABSTRACT In the past, the price of Taiwanese mangoes was often low due to abundant production. In recent years, the g..
- Chen, Cheng-Wei National Taiwan University, Associate Professor No. 1, Roosevelt Rt., Sec. 4, Taipei 10617, Taiwan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Original agricultural marketing channel is from farmer through middleman shipping to consumers. The middle..
- Hiroshi Takahashi, Journalist Bridge International Inc 1F., 1-10-1, Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku,Tokyo 102-0072 Japan Email: Biitokyo@yahoo.co.jp ABSTRACT The livestock producers in Japan continued to be exposed to the wave of the free trade such as TPP (Trans-Pacific Partn..
- External Audit System of Japanese Agricultural Cooperatives (2222) 2015-07-28 (247)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan INTRODUCTION The system of agricultural cooperatives, known as the JA Group, plays a pivotal role in the structure and economics of Japan’s agricultural sector1 Although there is no legal requirement to join the JA Group, ..
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Introduction Japan’s unique system of agricultural cooperatives forms a nationwide network, called the JA Group. This mammoth economic body organizes almost all Japanese farmers and has played a key role in shap..
- Japan’s food self-sufficiency ratio Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Yoshihisa Godo INTRODUCTION Mass media often treat Japanese agricultural cooperatives as organizations of farmers1. Indeed, almost all farmers in Japan belong to agricultural cooperatives. Article..
- The Japanese Agricultural Cooperative System: An Outline (4367) 2014-05-30 (343)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Introduction Japan has a unique network of agricultural cooperatives called JA. The name comes from the combination of “Japan” and “Agriculture”1. JA is engaged in various economic and politica..