|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
Home>FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles>Agricultural human resources development>Articles/ Related published articles
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Case Study of Farm Employment of Unskilled Foreign Laborers through an Agricultural Cooperative in Hokkaido (74) 2017-01-16 (7)
- Yoshihisa Godo Meiji Gakuin University Takashi Miyairi Hokkai-Gakuen University Introduction Hokkaido is the northernmost prefecture in Japan, agriculture being one of its main industries. Unlike the other 46 prefectures, large-size farming is dominant in Hokkaido. Many farms here suf..
- Thailand’s Higher Education System and the Agriculture Sector (497) 2016-12-06 (36)
- Hnin Ei Win Center for Applied Economics Research, Kasetsart University Thailand Overview of Thailand's Higher Education System In Thailand, the higher education system is mainly under the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Ministry of University Affairs (MUA). Other responsible minis..
- Unskilled Foreign Laborers Employed in Hokkaido Food Industries Under the Pretense of Training (319) 2016-09-01 (67)
- Yoshihisa Godo, Professor, Meiji Gakuin University Takashi Miyairi, Professor, Hokkai-Gakuen University, Japan Introduction Hokkaido, the northern-most island of Japan, ranks first in food production among all 47 prefectures in Japan. Hokkaido accounts for 12.5% of Japan’s total agricultu..
- Unskilled Foreign Laborers in Japanese Food Processing Companies and Farms Under the Pretense of Training (548) 2016-08-03 (53)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan INTRODUCTION In developed countries, many food processing companies and farms employ unskilled foreign laborers, whose wages are lower than domestic laborers. Japan is not an exception. However, unlike other developed countries in Eu..
- Changes in the Agricultural Labor Force of Thailand and the Impact of the Alien Workers on its Economy (2159) 2015-12-11 (187)
- Dr. Kampanat Pensupar1 and Khin Yadanar Oo2 1Department of Agricultural Economics and Resources, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand 10900 2 Center for Applied Economic Research, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand 10900 ..
- Needs and Potential for Rural Youth Development in Lao PDR (1109) 2015-06-09 (245) (215)
- Mr. Soudchay NHOUYVANISVONG, Director International Cooperation Division, Department of Planning and Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Lao PDR NEEDS AND POTENTIAL FOR RURAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT IN LAO PDR ..
- Policy on Land For Agriculture Projects in Malaysia for the Young Agropreneur through Blue Ocean Strategy (2937) 2015-06-09 (271) (220)
- Mohd Arif bin Adenan, Darshini Subramaniam & Shafril Izham bin Mohd Aminudin Young Agropreneur & National Blue Ocean Strategy Unit Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Malaysia 1.1 Background Youth involvement in the agriculture sector has been t..
- Technology Transfer for Young Generation Entrepreneur Through MARDI Youth Agropreneur Programme (2422) 2015-06-09 (232) (204)
- Khairul Asfamawi Khulidin Youth Agropreneur Programme Technology Promotion and Development Centre, MARDI Headquaters Persiaran MARDI – UPM 43400 Serdang SELANGOR Malaysia ABSTRACT MARDI is resolute in its efforts to develop appropriate, efficient and viable t..
- Farmland Policies for Young Generation in Myanmar: Purchasing and Leasing (1788) 2015-06-09 (286) (253)
- Dr. Mar Mar Kyu Dept. of Agronomy, Yezin Agricultural University, Myanmar (email@example.com) ABSTRACT Myanmar is an agriculture country and its economy is based on agriculture. Agriculture sector contributes 23 % of GDP; 20 % of total export earnings..
- Farm Land Policy and Financing Program for Young Generation in the Philippines (8269) 2015-06-09 (239) (219)
- Marilyn M. Elauria, Ph.D. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com ABSTRACT The Philippines is basically an agricultural country with about 30 per cent of the total land area of the country cultivated by almost 5 million farmers. However farm area devoted to ag..
- Farmland –Access Policy for Young Farmers and New Entrants (1266) 2015-06-09 (241)
- Sen-Tyan LIN Professor, Department of Law, School of Humanities and Social Science, Kainan University, Taiwan e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Farmland access problems faced by the young generation of farmers have recently become problematic. To address this issu..
- The Restructuring Policy of Agro-Manpower and Farmland in Taiwan, R.O.C. (1035) 2015-06-09 (242) (211)
- Chen-Te Huang Department of Planning, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, The Republic of China E-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT The average farm size was 1.03 hectare and only 21.7% of the farm households had a farm size with area more than 1 hectare in Taiwan..
- New Farmer Development in Agricultural Land Reform Area in Thailand (1244) 2015-06-09 (241) (196)
- Mr. Mekdum Winai, Agricultural Land Reform Office (ALRO), Bangkok, Thailand email: firstname.lastname@example.org New Farmer Development Project ABSTRACT Thailand is located in suitable climate and geography that enable to perform various agricultural activities. H..
- Family Farming and Farmland Policy in Vietnam: Current Situation and Perspective (2223) 2015-06-09 (256) (217)
- Dao The Anh1, and Nguyen Dang Minh Chanh1 1 Center of Agrarian Systems Research and Development (CASRAD), Field Crop Research Institute (FCRI), Vietnam Academy of Agricultural Sciences (VAAS) ABSTRACT The surveyed results showed that Vietnam's 2003 Land Law still im..
- Succession of Farmlands to Non-Family Successors: Options for the Young Generation of Farmers (1006) 2015-06-08 (240) (196)
- Tasuku Nagatani (Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University) Email: email@example.com ABSTRACT Faced with the continuing shortage of farm successors in aging farming households in Japan, the farm succession to non-family members draws significant attention a..
- The Aging of Agriculture and the Income Instability of Young Farmers in Korea (1133) 2015-06-08 (232) (225)
- Taeho Lee firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT One of the biggest problems of Korean agriculture is the aging of farmers. Only 14.8% (173,622) of all farms (1,177,318) have operators whose age is less than 50. Although the government has tried to substitute younger farmers for older farmers, the ..
Farmland Bank and Young Generation of Farmers in Korea (1932) 2015-06-08
- Yim, Kyung-an Korea Rural Community Corporation E-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT Farmland Bank Program includes the following; Farmland Scale-up Project for strengthening agricultural competitiveness, Farm Household Revival Program Project aiming for revitalization of farm househo..
- Farmland Policy in Indonesia for Young Generation (1648) 2015-06-04 (233) (219)
- Syahyuti Indonesian Center for Agricultural Socio-Economy and Policy Studies Indonesia Agency for Agricultural Research and Development Ministry of Agriculture Abstract Indonesia constitutes an agricultural country; therefore, the government has issued a policy concerning land, wh..
- Land Concentration and Land Market in Japan: An International Perspective (1454) 2015-06-04 (253) (229)
- ►Shinsaku Nakajima Meiji University, 1-1-1, Higashimita, Tama-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 214-8571, Japan e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT This paper reviews theories, current conditions, and barriers of liquidization and concentration of farmland in Japan and discusses perspectiv..
- Empowerment of Rural Women in the Agriculture Community through Women Development Programs (2205) 2015-03-19 (237)
- Nik Rozana Nik Mohd Masdek Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI) Email: email@example.com Introduction Women are important workforce in many countries. Besides playing the role as housewives, women also contribute to the household income. ..
- Recent Trends in Young People’s Entry into Farming in Japan: An International Perspective (2737) 2014-11-05 (267) (522)
- Tomohiro Uchiyama Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Agriculture in Japan has shrunk for a long time. This paper examines the recent trend of farming sector, latest statistics on farm entry and succession, unique characteri..
- Attracting the Young Generation to Engage in Agriculture (4136) 2014-11-05 (291)
- Sri Hery Susilowati Reseacher and Deputy Director, Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies (ICASEPS), Ministry of Agriculture email@example.com ABSTRACT For the last ten years there has been a shift in the structure ..
How to Encourage Young Generation to Engage in Farming: Korea’s Case (3009) 2014-11-05
- Ma, Sang-jin Korea Rural Economic Institute E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT As the share of agriculture in Korean economy has been decreasing since the 1970s, the Korean agricultural workforce has also declined and agricultural workers in their twenties and t..
- Succession Decisions in Korean Family Farms (1362) 2014-11-05 (266) (544)
- Jeong-Im Hwang and Yoon-Ji Choi1 1 National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration, Jeollabuk-do, Jeonju, Korea e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT The number of farm households in South Korea decreased from 1,767,000 in ..
- Development of Young Agropreneur in Malaysia (2824) 2014-11-05 (273) (593)
- Mohamad Kamal Abdul Kadir (Dr.) Young Agropreneur Programme Promotion & Technology Development Centre MARDI Head Quarters P.O.Box 12301, 50774 Kuala Lumpur Abstract The Young agropreneur programme is designed specifically for young people under th..
- Building Farmers’ Assets and Investing in the Out of School Youths for Rural Development (2118) 2014-11-05 (273) (563)
- Asterio P. Saliot, PhD ABSTRACT Philippine agriculture is faced with many challenges. Poverty and low productivity in the rural areas continue to persist. Even if the country is agricultural in nature, it is still regarded as a lowly profession. Majority of the farmers are p..
- One-Stop Service for Young Farmers in Taiwan (1741) 2014-11-05 (265) (628)
- Kun-Fong Kuo Farmers’ Service Department, Council of Agriculture Executive Yuan (COA), Taipei, Taiwan E-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT This paper describes the process by which the Council of Agriculture in Taiwan selected 100 young farmers (average age of..
- Recruiting Young Farmers to Join Small-Scale Farming: A Structural Policy Perspective (2368) 2014-11-05 (290)
- Jiun-Hao Wang Associate Professor Department of Bio-industry Communication and Development, National Taiwan University No 1, Roosevelt Rd, Sec 4, Taipei 10617, Taiwan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT The small-scale agricultural countri..
- Entry of Young Generation into Farming in Thailand (3435) 2014-11-05 (295) (577)
- Onanong Tapanapunnitikull and Siriluk Prasunpangsri2 lFaculty of Natural Resources and Agro Industry, Kasetsart University, Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province Campus, Sakon Nakhon, Thailand 2Faculty of Liberal Arts and Management Science, Kasetsart University, Chalermphrakiat S..
- Technological Consultation and Backup for Young Generation Entry into Farming in Vietnam (1782) 2014-11-05 (269)
- Dr Bui Quang Dang Department of Science Management and International cooperation Vietnam Academy of Agricultural Sciences Vinh Quynh, Thanh Tri, Ha Noi, Vietnam Email: email@example.com Tel: +84912238248 Abstract Out of 70% of the population in Vietnam (appr..
- Farm Expansion and Entry to Farm: Experiences in Hokkaido (1463) 2014-11-05 (278) (616)
- Shunsuke Yanagimura1 1Resaeach Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT One of the most serious problems Japanese agriculture have is the shortage of the number of farm business entities. T..
The Agricultural Labor Force in Japan (4400) 2013-09-03
- Yoshihisa GODO Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan 1. Definition of “agricultural labor force” In Japan, agricultural laborers are classified in one of the following two ways: “population mainly engaged in farming” and &ldquo..