|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Palm Oil and Beef Cattle Integration System: A Strategy To Accelerate Beef Production in Indonesia (206) 2017-01-10 (12)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Ministry of Agriculture Introduction Indonesia is now experiencing a bonus demographic population characterized by a growing middle class. This phenomenon has caused inc..
- Pesticide Use in Agricultural Production in Thailand (577) 2016-12-06 (38)
- Nguyen Thi Phuong Center for Applied Economic Research, Kasetsart University Thailand Introduction The use of agricultural pesticides has strongly increased in Southeast Asia as well as in most other developing and developed countries (Schreinemachers, 2012). In Southeast As..
- Price Stabilization Policy on Staple Food in Indonesia (349) 2016-11-23 (36)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Ministry of Agriculture INTRODUCTION Food price stability is one of major elements on food security policy. From the consumer side high food price provides undesir..
- BIOichar: Biochar-Based Organic Fertilizer (371) 2016-11-17 (57)
- Theeba Manickam, Ilani Zuraihah Ibrahim and Nor Fadhilah Abdul Halim Soil Science Research Centre, MARDI In general, organic fertilizers have low nutrient content. Solid organic fertilizers such as compost and manures have slow release rates, requiring soil microorganism to break down the materi..
- Vietnam’s Rice Policy Review (323) 2016-10-31 (68)
- Tran Cong Thang and Vu Huy Phuc Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development ABSTRACT Rice production plays an important role in Vietnam’s agricultural development. In recent years, although rice cultivation area maintains stable, the yield still keeps increasi..
- Malaysian Floriculture Industry Development Policy (560) 2016-09-14 (83)
- Nik Rozana Nik Mohd Masdek and Noorlidawati Ab Halim Economics and Social Science Research Centre Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute INTRODUCTION Malaysia is home to a wide variety of plants species. Located in the tropics, it is one of the most diverse floristic r..
- Overview of Melon Industry in Malaysia (1058) 2016-09-09 (123)
- Rasmuna Mazwan Muhammad and Nik Rozana Nik Mohd Masdek Economic and Social Science Research centre Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute,MARDI. Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. firstname.lastname@example.org Introduction In general, there are three ty..
- Underutilized Fruit Species Conservation in Malaysia (562) 2016-09-09 (62)
- Noorlidawati Ab Halim and Nik Rozana Nik Mohd Masdek Economic and Social Science Research Centre Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia Introduction Malaysia has an ideal climate for the growth of various variet..
- Overview of Irrigation Development and Government Policy in Myanmar (1404) 2016-03-03 (244)
- Amy Soe and Thanda Kyi Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation Myanmar Dr. Amy Soe is the Program Officer and Dr. Thanda Kyi is the Myanmarese Point Person to the FFTC Project on Asia-Pacific Information Platform in Agricultural P..
- Analysis of the Effects of Various Irrigation Service Fees for National Irrigation Systems in the Philippines (2725) 2016-02-26 (157)
- Fezoil Luz C. Decena  Senior Science Research Specialist, Socio-Economics Research Division-Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (SERD-PCAARRD) of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Los Baños, Lagu..
- Organic Agriculture in Malaysia (6903) 2016-01-30 (317)
- Syahrin Suhaimee, Illani Zuraihah Ibrahim and Mohd Amirul Mukmin Abd Wahab Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI) e-mail: email@example.com INTRODUCTION Increasing awareness on environmental issues and food safety led to the growth and practice of org..
- The Long Climb towards Achieving the Promises Of the Tree OF Life: A Review of the Philippine Coconut Levy Fund Policies (2124) 2016-01-28 (201)
- Princess Alma B. Ani and Albert P. Aquino  Socio-Economics Research Division-Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (SERD-PCAARRD) of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines ..
- Exploring the Potentials of Coffee Industry in Malaysia (4679) 2016-01-12 (253)
- Nor Amna A’liah Mohammad Nor and Mohd Amirul Mukmin Abd. Wahab Economics and Social Science Research Centre, Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI) Persiaran MARDI-UPM, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com..
- China’s Excessive Food Production and its Social Costs (851) 2015-08-28 (211)
- Zhen Zhong, Assistant Professor Fengtian Zheng, Professor School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China Introduction The Chinese proverb “food is what matters to the people” has greatly influenced China’s food pr..
Competitiveness of the Mushroom Industry in Malaysia (3973) 2015-08-19
- Mohd Zaffrie Mat Amin and Azahar Harun Economic and Social Science Research Centre, MARDI Headquarters, Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia INTRODUCTION Mushrooms have been identified as one of the high-value commodities under Malaysia's National Agro-..
- Strategies to Strengthen Livestock Industry in Malaysia (7330) 2015-07-29 (249)
- Fadhilah Annaim Huda Hashim Economic and Social Science Research Centre Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI) Persiaran MARDI-UPM, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia firstname.lastname@example.org Introduction Livestock is a very important industry as ..
Korean Policy for Enhancing Agricultural Productivity (1705) 2015-06-17
- Dr. Jeongbin Im Professor Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development College of Agricultural and Life Science Seoul National University Seoul, Korea E-mail: email@example.com During the 1960s, in the early stage of economic development in Korea, famine..
- The Agricultural Crop Zoning System in Thailand (1872) 2015-03-27 (267)
- Dr. Kampanat Pensupar Department of Agricultural Economics and Resources, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand 10900 The government of Thailand has initiated “the Agricultural Crop Zoning System” since 2012. The major reason is becau..
- Review of Policies and Issues in the Malaysian Herbal Industry (4590) 2015-03-20 (284)
- Mohd Hafizudin bin Zakaria Economic and Technology Management Research Centre, MARDI Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Introduction The use of herbs and spices in daily life was pioneered over hundreds of centuries ago a..
- The History of Japan’s Post-Pacific-War Rice Policy (2337) 2013-11-01 (257)
- Yoshihisa GODO Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Rice, being a staple food of the Japanese, is the most important crop in Japan’s agricultural sector. This paper describes the history of Japanese rice policy after the Pacific War up to the present times (note 1). ..