|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
Home>FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles>Agricultural risk management>Articles/ Related published articles
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- Ecosystem Management: ECO-Engineering Project in Rice Plot in Sungai Besar, Selangor (258) 2016-11-17 (29)
- Dr Rosliza Jajuli Agro biodiversity and Environment Research Centre, MARDI Ecosystem Management is a process that aims to conserve major ecological services and restore natural resources while meeting the socioeconomic, political and cultural needs of current and future generations. This is impo..
- Climate Change and Effect on Rice Production in Thailand (459) 2016-10-04 (71)
- Nguyen Thi Phuong Center for Applied Economic Research, Kasetsart University Thailand INTRODUCTION Today, the threats and challenges of the environment operating on food production are not limited to each country or region but most often than not, manifest on a global scale. One of the ..
- Climate Change Impact: Vulnerability and Poverty in the Dry Zone of Myanmar (405) 2016-09-07 (64)
- Thanda Kyi Director, Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation General indicators for household vulnerability in rural area of selected dry zone Myanmar is the 58th most vulnerable country and the 2nd least ready country. The high vulnerability score and low ..
- Crop Insurance in Thailand (995) 2016-09-07 (98)
- Hnin Ei Win Center for Applied Economics Research Thailand Introduction Although rice covered 48.70% of the total cultivable land (FAOa, 2011) in the country, the yield was low compared with other countries which occupied a small arable land for rice due to natural disasters. Furthermore, ..
- Influence of Climate Change Impact on Agricultural Risks in Myanmar’s Dry Zone (484) 2016-08-31 (85)
- Thanda Kyi Director of Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation Climate change and its impact Agricultural production still largely depends on weather conditions especially the availability of rainfall. Also, usage of physical inputs such as improved seeds, ..
- Farmers Awareness on Crop Natural Disaster Insurance and Field Cases in Korea (449) 2016-07-27 (65) (71)
- Chil-koo Choi, Doo-jong Hwa Farm Management Division, Rural Development Administration, Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT The survey of 611 farmers was conducted to provide insights on Korea’s crop insurance. The types of major disasters that the res..
- Outline of Agriculture Disaster Compensation System in Japan (484) 2016-07-04 (60) (56)
- Yoshihito Yasuda National Agricultural Insurance Association e-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT Agriculture is an industry affected most by nature. Japan is situated in the Asian monsoon zone. Japanese farmers suffer from heavy damages caused by frequent typhoons, floods, cold summers..
- Government and its Role in the Implementation and Enhancement of the Crop Insurance Program in the Philippines1 (768) 2016-07-04 (120) (67)
- Rodelia A. Pagaddu2 7/F Bldg. A, NIA Complex, EDSA Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines ABSTRACT This Paper underscores the significant role of government in the “Implementation and Enhancement of the Crop Insurance Program in the Philippines”. From the perspective of the auth..
- The Policy and Pilot Plan: Top-Grafting Pears for Crop Natural Disaster Insurance in Taiwan, R.O.C (532) 2016-07-04 (75) (54)
- Dung-liang Wang Department of Farmer’s Service, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, the Republic of China E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Abstract The Taiwanese government’s assistance to farmers affected by natural disasters is mainly to provide cash relief ..
- Security Interests of Crops Against Environmental Uncertainty in Malaysia (609) 2016-07-01 (94) (57)
- Hairazi Rahim, Mohd Tarmizi Haimid, Mohd Amirul Mukmin Abdul Wahab and Mohd Zaffrie Mat Amin Economic and Social Science Research Centre Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI), MARDI Headquarters, 43400 Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan Correspondin..
Claim Adjustments in Korea’s Crop Natural Disaster Insurance (770) 2016-07-01
- Hyunsung Yoon Junior Manager, Nonghyup Property and Casualty Insurance Co., Ltd, Korea, Email : email@example.com ABSTRACT Crop insurance in South Korea has played an important role for stable farm management since 2001 with two crops, apple and pear, as an initial demonstration of insur..
- Implementation of Indemnity-Based Rice Crop Insurance in Indonesia (822) 2016-07-01 (92) (79)
- Sahat M. Pasaribu Indonesian Center for Agro-Socioeconomic and Policy Studies, Ministry of Agriculture, Bogor, West Java Province, Indonesia e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT The negative impacts of global climate change have been enormously affecting the performance of agricu..
- Insurance for Rice Production in the Context of Climate Change Impact in Vietnam (519) 2016-06-30 (100) (62)
- Nguyen Thi Phong Lan* and Nguyen Hong Son*,** * CuuLong Delta Rice Research Institute(CLRRI), CanTho, VietNam **VietNam Academy of Agricultural Sciences(VAAS), HaNoi, VietNam email: email@example.com ABSTRACT Vietnam is one of countries predicted to be among the m..
- Explore Government Support Measures and Implications of Crop Insurance from International Experience (1020) 2016-06-29 (93) (69)
- Min-Hsien Yang Feng Chia University, Taiwan e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Crop insurance is one of the more important branches of agricultural insurance, and because of global climate change, it is becoming more important for the financial wellbeing of the agricultural sectors across ..
Sustainable Growth in Crop Natural Disaster Insurance: Experiences of Japan (778) 2016-06-29
農作物災害保險永續經營 ─ 日本經驗
- Futoshi Okada1 1 College of Commerce Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan email@example.com ABSTRACT A famous insurance professional said, “Insurance is the first choice and the last choice.” The axiom means that we cannot get any protection without buying insur..
The Performance and Improvement Strategies of Crop Natural Disaster Insurance in Korea (905) 2016-06-29
- Won-ho Chung Assistant Professor, Pusan National University, Korea E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Crop natural disaster insurance program in Korea has rapidly grown not only in quantity but in quality for 15 years since it was introduced in 2001. Number of agricultural items covere..
- Agricultural Insurance in the Philippines (2569) 2016-04-28 (156)
- Fezoil Luz C. Decena Senior Science Research Specialist SERD-PCAARRD  Senior Science Research Specialist, Socio-Economics Research Division-Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (SERD-PCAARRD) of the Department ..
- The Effect of Climate Change on Rice Production in Malaysia (2423) 2016-01-11 (232)
- Engku Elini Engku Ariff and Stephen Ramsden Economic and Social Science Research Centre, MARDI Headquarters, Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. Correspondent author: email@example.com Introduction The United Nations Millennium Development goals are to re..
- Impacts of Natural Disasters on the Paddy Production and its Implications to the Economy (1317) 2015-11-19 (234)
- Khairul Hafifi Maidin* , Che Khalijah Binti Ithnin Mohamad**, and Siti Khalijah Binti Othman** *Economic and Social Science Research Centre, MARDI Headquarters, Serdang, P.O. Box 12301, 50774 Kuala Lumpur **Faculty Economic and Management, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 4..
- Agricultural Insurance in China Takes off with Government Support (1362) 2015-10-12 (202)
- Zhen Zhong, Assistant Professor Manni Huang, PH.D Candidate School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China Introduction Agricultural insurance plays an important role in stabilizing farmers’ income and stimulating investments in agricul..
- Building Agricultural Disaster Insurance System Needs Depth Participation of Government (1061) 2015-07-24 (227)
- Zhen Zhong Assistant Professor School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China INTRODUCTION Agricultural insurance is one of the most effective ways to settle the agricultural risk diversification question around the world. It is also one of t..
- Recovery and Development of the Poultry Industry by Increasing Credit Support (1031) 2015-07-08 (232)
- Zhen Zhong Assistant Professor School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China INTRODUCTION Ever since the first case of human detection of the H7N9 disease, the poultry industry has suffered huge losses and potential troubles have been inlaid..
- Review and Analysis of Agricultural Natural Disaster Relief System (1371) 2015-07-06 (246)
- Dr. Yang, Min-Hsien Professor at Department of International Trade, Feng Chia University, Taiwan Introduction The agricultural industry is highly risky. It is risky because the unpredictable weather conditions and recent climate changes cause unstab..
- Agricultural Disaster Insurance Policy in Indonesia (1565) 2014-12-19 (322)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist, Indonesian Center for Agricultural Socio Economic and Policy Studies, Ministry of Agriculture, email:firstname.lastname@example.org Introduction Indonesia is one of the countries that are prone to natural disasters affect agriculture..