|FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles|
Home>FFTC Agricultural Policy Articles>Food security and safety>Articles/ Related published articles
(F: Full-length paper, C: Condensed version)
- What Expert Says: Impact of Climate Change on Agrobiodiversity and Food Security (245) 2016-11-17 (33)
- Dr Mohamad Zabawi Abdul Ghani Research Specialist, MARDI The Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released in 2007 has reaffirmed that climate is changing and influencing many physical and biological systems including disruption of the ecosystem’..
- Feeding Malaysia’s Growing Population with Climate Smart Agriculture (251) 2016-11-17 (36)
- Dr. Chubashini Suntharalingam, Economics and Social Science Research Centre Growing food to feed the population becomes a challenge due to erratic weather and climatic patterns. Temperature increase and changes in rainfall pattern hasten the spread of pests and diseases which ultimately affect..
- Korean Policy Responses for Ensuring Food Security in the time of Climate Change (1238) 2016-10-18 (51)
- Chang-Gil Kim President, Korea Rural Economic Institute Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Jeong-Bin Im Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development The Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea Email: email@example.com INTRODUCTION Climate change is caused by global war..
- Government Policy on Self Sufficiency to Achieve Food Security in Indonesia (649) 2016-09-19 (88)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Ministry of Agriculture INTRODUCTION The Food Law No.18/2012 emphasizes that the state has an obligation to secure the availability and access, to adequate, balanced, sa..
- Opportunities and Challenges in Achieving Food Sovereignity in Indonesia in the Era of ASEAN Economic Community (576) 2016-08-01 (68)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Ministry of Agriculture Background ASEAN is in the process of creating a single market and production base which allow the free flow of goods, services, investment, skil..
- Case Studies of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) of Farmers in Thailand (806) 2016-07-19 (94)
- Case Studies of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) of Farmers in Thailand Khin Yadanar Oo Center for Applied Economic Research, Kasetsart University Thailand Abstract There have been growing environmental and health concerns associated with modern agriculture. The farmers’ a..
Food Security in Taiwan: Current Status and Strategies (1015) 2016-07-19
- Food Security in Taiwan: Current Status and Strategies Yang, Min-Hsien Feng Chia University, Taiwan INTRODUCTION The global extreme weather influences some major food production regions while many emerging countries speed up economic development and consume more and more foo..
- Research Priorities to Promote Sustainable Agricultural Intensification in Indonesia (777) 2016-06-08 (114)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist, Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies, Ministry of Agriculture, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Background Indonesia’s strong and consistent economic growth has contributed to steady progress o..
- Policy to Achieve Self Sufficiency on Rice Production in Indonesia (1357) 2016-04-29 (119)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies Ministry of Agriculture email: email@example.com INTRODUCTION Enhancing national food security has been one of the strategic policy goals of the curre..
- National Policy to Improve Food Self-Sufficiency and Food Security in Vietnam (1111) 2016-04-06 (144)
- Tran Cong Thang and Nguyen Le Hoa  Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development INTRODUCTION Food production especially rice, is very important for Vietnam. In general, Vietnam has favorable conditions for rice production ..
- Food Security and Vulnerability Atlas (FSVA) of Indonesia in 2015 (964) 2016-02-04 (161)
- Tahlim Sudaryanto Senior Agricultural Economist, Indonesian Center for Agriculture Socio Economic and Policy Studies, Ministry of Agriculture email: firstname.lastname@example.org INTRODUCTION Indonesia has achieved the first element of the Millenium Development Goal (MDG),..
- The JAS Mark System for Transparency in Beef Production (1054) 2016-01-29 (155)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan INTRODUCTION Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) is one of the of the greatest food safety concerns among Japanese consumers. The outbreak of BSE-infected cows in September 2001 in Japan awakened consumers’ anxiety abou..
- Assessment of Food Security Challenges in Malaysia (3618) 2015-12-14 (251)
- Noorlidawati Ab Halim Economic and Social Science Research Centre Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia Introduction Food security is a priority agenda of every Government, and it involves all levels in..
- Development of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) Models for Tea, Rice and Vegetables in Vietnam (1259) 2015-12-08 (235) (166)
- Dao Bach Khoa*, Nguyen Thi Nhung, Nguyen Van Liem, Nguyen Ba Huy, Hoang Thi Ngan. Plant Protection Research Institute (PPRI), Vietnam Academy of Agriculture Science (VAAS) E-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT Elimination of pesticides and heavy metals residues in ag..
- Producers’ Perceptions of Public Good Agricultural Practices and their Pesticide Use: the Case of MyGAP for Durian Farming in Pahang, Malaysia (1307) 2015-12-08 (261) (169)
- Yuichiro Amekawa¹, Ng Chuck Chuan², Linda A. Lumayag³, Tan Guan Huat ¹ School of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan; Present Address: 6-10-1 Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581 Japan ² Department of Environmental Science and Management, Universit..
- Chemometric Approach to the Optimization of HS-SPME/GC-MS for the Determination of Multiclass Pesticide Residues in Fruits and Vegetables (1240) 2015-12-08 (156) (149)
- Lukman B. Abdulra’uf * and Guan H. Tan † Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Pantai Valley, Kuala Lumpur, 50603, Malaysia. *firstname.lastname@example.org, †email@example.com (+60379674193) ABSTRACT A Headspace Solid ..
- THAI Good Agricultural Practice (1858) 2015-12-04 (274) (168)
- Roongnapa Korpraditskul1 and Chainarong Ratanakreetakul2 1 Research and Development for Agricultural Commodity Standard Center, Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University, Kamphaengsaen, Nakhonpathom, Thailand 2Department of Plant Pathology Division, Faculty of Agriculture, Kase..
- Pesticide Residues in Food and the Environment in the Philippines: Risk Assessment and Management (2788) 2015-12-03 (242)
- Cristina M. Bajet National Crop Protection Center, Crop Protection Cluster University of the Philippines at Los Banos College, Laguna 4031, Philippines email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com ABSTRACT The Philippines as a developing country and with limite..
- Current Use of Pesticides in the Agricultural Products of Cambodia (4300) 2015-12-03 (447) (177)
- Visarto Preap1 and Kang Sareth2 1,2Department of Plant Protection Sanitary and Phytosanitary, General Directorate of Agriculture (GDA), Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), Kingdom of Cambodia E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Pest..
- Application of Ultrasound Technology for Agricultural Product Improvement and Environmental Renovation (1043) 2015-12-03 (202) (132)
- Nakao NOMURA1, Takumi Sasaki2, Kanda Whangchai3, Sarunya Pengphol4 and Niwooti Whangchai5 1Global Commons Organization (Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences), University of Tsukuba, Japan 2Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Universi..
- Using Sanitizer and Fine bubble Technologies to Enhance Food Safety (2366) 2015-12-03 (199) (143)
- Warapa Mahakarnchanakul1, Pitirat Klintham1, Sasitorn Tongchitpakdee1, Wannee Chinsirikul2 1 Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Agro-Industry, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, THAILAND 2 National Metal and Materials Technology Center, National Science and Technolo..
- Application of Non-Target Analysis by High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry (1588) 2015-12-03 (155) (149)
- Chung-Hung Wang1, Yu-Tsung Lee1, Pei-Ling Huang1, Yan-Hwa Chu1 1Product and Process Research Center, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan e-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT High-resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS)-based non-target..
- The Techno Rice: An Industrial Application of Supercritical Fluid Technology in Taiwan (1237) 2015-12-02 (151) (157)
- Yi-Jen Liaw Senior Technical Advisor, Taiwan Quality Food (TQF) Association 6F., No. 219, Section 4, Chungu Hsiao East Road, DaAn District, Taipei 10690, Taiwan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. ABSTRACT Techno Rice, which is the rice treated with the state of the art supercriti..
- Analysis and Risk Assessment of Pesticides in Korean Agricultural Products (950) 2015-12-02 (170) (142)
- Kwang-Geun Lee Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Dongguk University-Seoul, 32, Dongguk-ro, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, 400-820, Republic of Korea Phone: 82-31-961-5142, E-mail: email@example.com ABSTRACT The objective of this study w..
- The Potential of Urban Farming Technology in Malaysia: Policy Intervention (2662) 2015-11-17 (226)
- Rasmuna Mazwan Muhammad and Mohd Rashid Rabu Economic and Social Science Research Centre, Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI) Persiaran MARDI-UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. INTRODUCTION Urban farming is a cultivation practice where food i..
- The Development and Future Direction of Malaysia’s Livestock Industry (5930) 2015-10-30 (224)
- Nor Amna A’liah Mohammad Nor and Mohamad Hifzan Rosali Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Persiaran MARDI-UPM, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Introduction Malaysia’s livestock industry ..
A Review of Food Nutrition Labeling in Japan (3265) 2015-06-29
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan INTRODUCTION For years, food nutrition labeling had not been compulsory in Japan. In response to consumers’ increasing concerns about food safety, however, the Japanese government, which many perceive as the slowest among ..
- Japanese Food Mislabeling and the Government’s Response (2138) 2014-11-24 (285)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Introduction The mislabeling of food became a prominent news story in 2013, as Japanese newspapers revealed that even high-end restaurants and department stores were guilty of selling mislabeled food. ..
- Food Safety Measures to Cope with Cesium Contamination in Rice after the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Accident (1585) 2014-11-04 (255)
- Yoshihisa Godo Professor, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan Rice is the staple food in Japan. Thus, the Japanese government is paying special attention to rice contamination by cesium after the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident of March 2011. This article aims to ..
- Ensuring the food Security of a Populous Nation (1426) 2014-09-12 (282)
- Zhen Zhong, Kong Xiangzhi, Mu Nana School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China The national grains security strategy that takes our side as the dominant factor, bases itself on its own country, guarantees the production capac..
- Food Security Policies of Vietnam (4420) 2014-03-14 (299)
- Tran Cong Thang Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development, Vietnam INTRODUCTION Food, especially rice, is very important for Vietnam. Basically Vietnam has favorable conditions for rice production with its tropical weather, available land and wa..